Monday, August 3, 2009

Three Awesome Events: 05/17/09



MAJOR NEWS: After complaining and calling and calling, my DMV paperwork arrived 05/07/09! I was so happy to finally get the paperwork. If you recall, there's been a major delay with sending me the DMV paperwork due to a recent paperwork rewrite / restructure. After looking through it, I have to wonder why it took them so long. It looks simple. What this means is that I can now get my permit without a hassle because I'll have the required special bioptic DMV paperwork in hand.

SONGS FOR SIGHT: What am I talking about? One of Dr. DeCarlo's patients had the idea to do a fundraiser for the Low Vision Center. I'm told that 05/17/09 marked a star studded event that encompassed educational enlightenment and uplifting songs of celebration. People learned what it was like to lose vision. To read more about this exciting night please visit: www.songsforsight.org

DIALOG IN THE DARK! :
(The International Award Winning Exhibition)
A few weeks ago when visiting Atlanta I saw a ad for this exciting new exhibition experience: Dialog In The Dark. It looks like a GREAT experience for anyone sighted to see what it would be like to have a serious vision problem. You will take a extra sensory journey for an hour of your life IN COMPLETE 100% DARKNESS that you will never forget. But don't worry, your tour guides are blind, so you'll get out unscathed! Visit http://www.dialogtickets.com/ for tickets or http://www.dialogue-in-the-dark.com/ for more information about this incredible experience that will last a lifetime!

No comments: