Sunday, November 20, 2011

Driving Test Day is HERE! : 11/20/11



The last few months have zipped by.  I got to drive a good bit on my September vacation and now I'm scheduled and ready to take the final road test.  Meaning, TOMORROW I could get my drivers license if all goes well!  I haven't driven much in the last month due to my sprained foot and lack of time on my trainers part.  My friends took me out some this weekend, but we mostly stayed off the roads.  Despite all that, I do feel good about it.  I'm hoping the weather cooperates.  I'd love clouds, but no rain.  We'll see.  It's tomorrow at 1:45pm.  At my DMV you can make an appointment to take the test, so no waiting should be involved.  I hope I'm prepared enough, not driving in a vehicle that you own or you are in everyday has it's pitfalls.  I had to download a drivers manual of the test car I train in, just to remember where the emergency brake is, the lights are, and several other basic things I'm sure they will ask me.  

One good thing, even though I'm confident about parallel parking, I know they do not make you do that here to obtain your license.  I'm expecting to do a three point turn, back up in a straight line, park, and whatever else they throw in.  I'm not that excited yet, because I think I'm trying to suppress it in case I don't do as well as I'd like.  Given my lack of practice this past month, that would not be a shocker to me.

So here are some awesome new developments.  Since I completed the bioptic on road training requirements in September, I have had to get the state Department of Public Safety to sign off on my final paperwork.  It took them roughly 3 to 4 weeks to return it to me.  I must have this approval paperwork in order to take my drivers test.  After a quick reminder phone call I made, I had the approved paperwork in my hands in a few days.

I'm hoping to snag a GPS during the black Friday sales, but what I really want to share with you is my brand new speedometer.  Yes I have a speedometer and NO car yet!   i've been trying to research a way to have a digital speedometer without having to be stuck with something like a Honda Civic.  I love the heads up display in it, but the view out the back window is extremely limited and it rides very close to the ground.  Here's my second purchase for my driving experience!  The first one was my bioptics.

  See the photo below of my brand spanking new intellitronix digital speedometer!



This great company called Intellitronix makes it and says you can have it installed on ANY vehicle.  Take a first look HERE at all the colors and lineup that intellitronix.net offers.  Not only does it offer the speed display, but the display itself comes in red, green, blue, and white!  The red is particularly good for me to have when i wear my red filters, because it now jumps out at me.  However, the white was a little brighter than the red, when I looked at it through my red filters.  Long story short, I chose white, and red would be a close second, but since red would be hard to see without my filters, I chose white because i won't be wearing my red filters to drive at night.  Besides the great color options, you also get a circular display that gives you a second indication of how fast you are going!  I'm so excited about this and the many vehicle buying options it opened up for me.  I couldn't wait to share it with you!  


I also know several more things about what I want in a vehicle.  I want a four door.  I want something high off the ground, because I feel I can see the road better, not to mention get in and out easier.  I also would like good gas mileage and something with a small build so it's easy to park.  I don't ask for much.  Any ideas?  Let me know.  I'm off to get some rest before the test.  I'll blog as soon as I find out something either way.

1 comment:

Crystal Nichols said...

Based on the type of car you want, you should look at a Ford Escape SUV or a Honda CRV SUV. These are both smaller SUV's, but would give you the ground clearance and height you desire, they are four door cars, but they aren't huge SUV's. Just a thought