Friday, September 23, 2011

2 Good Weeks of Driving...Check: 08/04/11



The past few weeks have been some of the best continuous driving training times I've had in a long time.  The frequency of my practice has certainly enhanced my driving skills.  Something I'm happy to say is that I finally think I've mastered lane changes on the freeway!  Although, I still don't like it when the lane suddenly ends and you're forced to get over.  If you must come to a complete stop, as I did the other day, you may even have a person behind you honking because you don't feel comfortable pulling out at the moment they would prefer you to.  I'm sure some of you are experts in this arena, so feel free to share.

Some other improvements are in:

1. Three point turns
2. Backing out of spaces
3. Parking between cars.
4. Navigating parking garages
5. Not pushing breaks on freeway (just letting off gas instead)
6. Better understanding of right of way
7. Going through a drive though and car wash.
8. Navigating a round-a-bout.
9. Using mirrors.
10. Turning around to check blind spots, while keeping wheel steady and not slowing speed.

We plan to tackle parallel parking one more time in the near future.  I've done it twice, and I think it's not complicated, it just takes patience, and some skill in turning the care the perfect distance at the perfect moment.

No comments: